Paddle Board & Kayak in Boca Grande
Boca Grande Kayak Launch
The kayak launch on Boca Grande is located on East side of Gasparilla Island. This location has no formal address. Therefore, we ask that you simply go to 19th Street East on Boca Grande. Upon arrival you will find a small parking lot and sandy kayak launch.
Guided Stand Up Paddleboarding & Kayaking Adventures in Boca Grande
Paddling Boca Grande - FAQ's
What's the Kayak Launch Like on Boca Grande?
The Boca Grande Kayak Launch is a public road with limited parking and access into the water on the bay. There’s no bathrooms on-site. Please stop prior to arriving at this location.
What should I bring with me kayaking and paddle boarding?
- Towel for the car
- A lite snack
- Any medication needed during the trip
- Communication is advised if you’re venturing out solo. We do have dry bags and phone cases for your cellular devices.
What should we expect to see paddling in Boca Grande?
Every day is a new adventure kayaking and paddle boarding in Boca Grande. Typical sightings include:
- Wading Birds (green heron, little blues, great blue herons, great egrets, and shore birds)
- Migratory Birds – Fall to Spring (white pelicans are a common sighting)
- Manatees in warm water months (March to December)
- Many fish species, snook, redfish, trout, mullet, and sheepshead.
- Invasive species such as the iguana!
- Live shells (Sea Stars, whelks, banded tulips and others)
I'm looking for safety information to paddle board grande solo
We review all safety information prior to launching rentals and guided eco tours.
If you’re not renting or touring with us and want a good guide for paddling Boca Grande Safely, check out our blog on How to Paddle Board Boca Grande Safely.
What other locations do you offer?
We offer several locations for guided eco tours and rentals in Englewood.
- Bill Coy Preserve (Main Location)
- Don Pedro Island State Park
- Stump Pass Beach State Park
- Woolverton Trails
- Your waterfront location!
What's the closest location to Port Charlotte, FL?
The closest paddle boarding and kayaking locations to Port Charlotte and Punta Gorda are the following locations:
- Bill Coy Preserve
- Don Pedro Island
- Woolverton Trail
- Boca Grande